Foundation is the most essential part of any makeup routine. Finding the best foundation isn’t just about choosing the right shade; you also need a formula that enhances your skin.
And with so many foundations available to choose from, it can be tough to find the right product. Make it easy to find your new favorite – choose one of the most popular foundations, and you’ll quickly see why so many beauty fans rave about their foundation.
1. Scott-Vincent Borba Anti-Fatigue Mineral Foundation
Mineral foundation meets anti-aging skincare in this cream-solid foundation. The compact includes a grinder that administers the perfect amount of product for each application and locks in the rest for later use. You can slowly build up the color for a natural-looking, velvety finish.
This foundation contains the following compounds to refine your skin:
- Antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E to combat free radicals
- Hyaluronic acid and tapioca pearls to help skin retain moisture
- Cumin and argan oils for soft skin
- UVA/UVB SPF 29 protection
- Arnica to diminish puffiness
Citrine diamond powder diffuses the light, minimizing the appearance of imperfections. It also encourages cell renewal, reducing wrinkles.
2. Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals A Foundation
This foundation is ideal for those who prefer sheer coverage. The weightless serum glides over your skin, smoothing out its texture and appearance. Once it’s applied, it stays put.
Some of the benefits of this foundation include:
- Technology that activates the ingredients with each pump, keeping them intact until you need them
- Coenzyme Q10 in ubiquinol form to fight free radicals and protect skin from damage
- Vitamin C to treat sun damage
- Hyaluronic acid to promote moisture retention
One of the best things about this foundation is its weightlessness. Its coverage falls somewhere between that of a tinted moisturizer and a BB cream. Because of its translucency, it matches any skin tone. The only disadvantage is this foundation doesn’t provide SPF protection.
3. Laura Geller New York Baked Balance-N Brighten
If you feel that many foundations dull your skin, keep it glowing with this option. A variety of color-correcting pigments of liquid foundation are swirled together and baked for a powdery formula that goes on like creamy powder. Because it doesn’t contain fillers, a little goes a long way.
This formula works great for skin because:
- It contains antioxidants
- It naturally adjusts to your skin tone
- Its demi-matte finish makes dry skin look moist and calms oily skin
- It can be used as foundation or powder
This foundation contains fewer skin-enhancing compounds than some of the other options listed here. However, it’s lightweight, lasts long and doesn’t clog pores.
4. Dermablend Smooth Liquid Foundation
This foundation offers medium coverage and broad-spectrum SPF. It’s ideal if you want to conceal your flaws and protect your skin from further damage without looking like you’re wearing a mask.
Some of the benefits of this foundation include:
- It provides SPF 30 protection
- It offers twice as much coverage as classic foundations
- The texture stays flexible and doesn’t dry out your skin
- It’s easy to blend
- It’s dermatologist tested for sensitive skin
This foundation doesn’t contain a long list of skin-enhancing ingredients. Because of that, it’s ideal for people with allergies or skin sensitivities.
5. PÜR 4-in-1 Liquid Foundation
This foundation is so light it’s almost imperceptible once you apply it. However, it provides ample coverage and stays in place.
This foundation is great for your skin because:
- It contains SPF 15
- It won’t fade, rub off or smudge
- It attracts moisture to the skin with ceretin complex.
Because it contains limited ingredients, this foundation is less likely to irritate your skin than some other products on the market. It’s also gluten-free and comes in a BPA-free container.
6. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
This foundation is designed for people who prefer a liquid foundation and want to brighten their skin as they cover imperfections. This product doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, artificial colors or petroleum-derived ingredients.
This foundation contains:
- Light-diffusing minerals that blur flaws
- T3 oil, which is a combination of shea butter, olive squalane, and jojoba oil for moisture and softness
- Minerals from France
- Moist Drop Powder to attract humidity and keep skin dewy
One of the downsides is that it’s so sheer. However, it’s made to be layered. Add more to increase the coverage, customizing your application to your needs each day.
7. Elizabeth Arden Prevage SPF 30 Anti-Aging Foundation
Make your skincare routine more effective by being consistent about the anti-aging products that you use. This foundation is infused with several ingredients that protect and repair skin. It even improves skin when you wear it overnight.
This product contains:
- Idebenone, which protects cells from oxidative damage
- Other antioxidants, including vitamin C
- Encapsulated pigments that hold moisture in the skin
- SPF 30 sunscreen
The foundation is thick enough to provide medium coverage and seems to look better as the day goes on.
8. Colorescience Tint du Soleil SPF 30 UV Protective Foundation
This tinted moisturizer gives you a glow as it subtly evens out your skin tone. It’s light and breathable, making it easy to blend and layer. One of the best things about it is that it’s water resistant. Therefore, it provides coverage and sun protection when you’re at the beach.
Other factors that make this foundation effective include:
- Peptides for boosting collagen
- Multi-vitamins, including antioxidants
- Ceramides and milk lipids to limit moisture loss
This foundation doesn’t come in a wide range of colors, but it matches most skin tones because it’s so sheer.
9. Antonym Cosmetics Skin Esteem Organic Liquid Foundation
If you’re looking for a natural, organic foundation, this one might fit the bill. More than 98 percent of its ingredients are all-natural, and almost 11 percent are organic. Plus, it feels like silicone as it glides on.
It contains the following ingredients to improve skin’s texture and appearance:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Shea butter
- Jojoba oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Sunflower oil
This foundation offers the most coverage out of any of the products that we’ve included in this article. Even when you apply it sparingly, this foundation gives you medium coverage. No SPF is listed, however.
10. PÜR Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation
This mineral foundation goes on like a powder but is surprisingly hydrating. It’s easy to apply with a brush and delivers skin benefits even after it’s removed.
Some of the skin benefits that this foundation delivers include the following:
- Vitamin A stimulates skin regeneration
- Botanical extracts and vitamin B3 correct dark spots and uneven skin tone
- SPF 15 offers sun protection
- Ceramides improve hydration
This is an ideal formula for people with problem skin.
Which Foundation Is Right for You?
These foundations differ in their composition, uses, and coverage. But each of these foundations offers something special – and one of them could be a fantastic option for your skin.
If you’re still struggling to find the right foundation, it’s important to do your research. In addition to looking for the best foundations available, you’ll also want to compare ingredients, consider price, and find a foundation that matches your skin tone. You can find all of this information online, so take the time to search, compare, and read reviews before you buy.