Black Friday is coming up quickly, and things are looking a little different this year. Many retailers will be prioritizing online sales. This means you’ll be able to take advantage of major deals from the comfort of your own home. You can get ready for the biggest shopping day of the year by compiling your wish list. Search online to find the latest gadgets, fashion, technology, appliances, and more that could see a price drop on Black Friday.
This year, Black Friday will take place on November 27. Search online for past year’s sales to give yourself an idea of the money you could save.
Here’s a round-up of past Black Friday deals and some predictions for 2020.
Best Deals From Last Year
It was a big year for Black Friday shopping in 2019. Online consumers spent $7.4 billion, which was recorded as the second largest online shopping day ever. With Americans heavily relying on online shopping for most of this year, it wouldn’t be much of surprise to see that number soar even higher for Black Friday 2020.
There were plenty of discounts from last year that we’re hoping to see again on November 27. While we don’t know exactly what the sales will be ahead of the event, we can check out deals from 2019 to give us an idea of what to expect.
- 70-inch Samsung Class 6-Series 2160p Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR for $549.99 from Best Buy ($350 off)
- Up to $400 off Google Pixel 4 or 4XL with qualified activation at Best Buy
- Apple AirPods with (non-wireless) charging case for $129 at Walmart ($30 off)
- Samsung 11.6-inch Chromebook for $89 at Best Buy ($100 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K for $24.99 from Amazon (50 percent off)
- PlayStation 4 Pro with $25 gift coupon for $299 at Gamestop ($100 off)
- Google Home for $49 at Target ($50 off)
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro for $179 at Amazon ($179)
- Apple HomePod for $199 at Best Buy ($100 off)
- Philips – Hue White & Color Ambiance LED Starter Kit – White for $129.99 at Best Buy ($70 off)
- Google Smart TV Kit (includes Chromecast, Google Home Mini, $10 Vudu credit) for $35 from Walmart ($29 off)
- 30 percent off everything at H&M
- 50 percent off everything at Express
- 50 percent off everything at Old Navy
- Up to 50 percent off Nike and Adidas fleece at Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Sweaters for $10 to $15 at Target
2020 Black Friday Predictions
You can expect to find similar, if not better, sales this Black Friday. Major retailers like Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, and others will be competing for your attention by slashing prices on desirable items. Customers will benefit from this competition by finding deals on just about everything.
Here are some items to look out for on Black Friday:
- Toys (ex. Nintendo Switch)
- Dyson products
- DNA kits
- Power tools
- Beauty products
If you want a deal on a new iPhone, Mac, or other devices, skip the Apple Store. You’re more likely to find a better deal or bonuses like gift cards with your purchase if you look into retailers like Best Buy and phone providers instead.
Keep in mind that previous-year models will likely see more significant discounts compared to the latest models. For example, you can expect the PlayStation 4 to have more enticing discounts compared to the PlayStation 5, which is brand new in 2020. This means that sacrificing some minor upgrades can save you extra money.
How to Prepare for Black Friday Online
Shopping for Black Friday deals will be a lot easier if you plan ahead. Even though you’re shopping online, inventory can still run out like it does in stores. You can successfully check everything off your shopping list by strategizing beforehand.
Make a wishlist of the items you plan on buying and the stores that will sell it. It will allow you to quickly find these things on Black Friday once the sale starts. Thousands of people will be shopping at the same time, so knowing exactly what you’re looking to get will help you add it to your shopping cart before it’s out of stock.
Many stores will be offering Black Friday deals ahead of November 27. To take advantage, sign up for email alerts from your favorite retailers. You can have sales sent straight to your inbox as soon as it hits the website. Plus, you’ll also get information on the retailer’s Black Friday sales once they are announced.